When the surgery is closed and you need medical care urgently before the surgery is open again please try the following services:
· Call 111 https://111.nhs.uk/
· Community Pharmacist Consultation (referred via 111) https://www.england.nhs.uk/primary-care/pharmacy/community-pharmacist-consultation-service/
· Urgent Care Centres https://www.westhertshospitals.nhs.uk/about/hemelhempsteadhospital.asp or https://www.newqeii.info/services/urgent-care-centre
· Walk in Centres and Minor Injuries https://hertsvalleysccg.nhs.uk/your-services/health-centres-hospitals/walk-urgent-care-services
· Find a Service e.g. Dentist https://hertsvalleysccg.nhs.uk/your-services/local-services/find_a_service
In a real emergency situation either go to A&E or call 999
HELP US HELP YOU STAY WELL
Welcome to The Elms Medical Practice
We are confident that our website will provide clear and concise help and give our patients the information they require in an easy and convenient format. It has been designed with the patient’s needs at the forefront of everything, from checking surgery times to letting us know what you think of us.
Our dedicated team are here to treat those minor ailments that occur as well as providing specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues. The technology also means you can now do a lot of things from the comfort of your home such as order a repeat prescription or cancel an appointment.
Partners in Care
Once registered, patients and healthcare professionals work together to ensure the most appropriate care is provided. This partnership philosophy extends even further and our active patient group exists to make sure that patient needs and the practice offering are always heading in the same direction.
The Practice premises are modern and purpose built; dating from 1995. Disabled patients can access all the medical services provided directly.
(Site updated 18/11/2019)