Dr Cathy Argyle is retiring after 27 years at The Elms Medical Practice
Dr Cathy Argyle is retiring at the end of March 2019 after 27 years at The Elms Medical Practice.
‘’It has been a pleasure and delight to work at The Elms with such a dedicated, caring, experienced, forward thinking and friendly team. I have been privileged to meet and help so many lovely patients over the years, who I will miss greatly’’.
We will all be so very sad to lose Dr Argyle and we will miss her knowledge, passion and kindness and we wish her a long and happy retirement.
Heart Age Campaign 2018
This is to increase awareness of heart health and reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke, the campaign encourages adults to complete the ‘One You Heart Age Test’ which reveals your heart age compared to your real age and gives advice on how to lower it. Click HERE to link to the Heart Age Campaign website.
It’s not too late to have your flu vaccination
We still have flu vaccines left and naso-flu sprays for children and it is not too late to have your FREE vaccination if you come under the following categories:
- adults 65 and over
- people with certain medical conditions (including children in at-risk groups from 6 months of age)
- pregnant women
- children aged 2 and 3
- children in reception class and school years 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
There are 3 types of flu vaccine:
- a live quadrivalent vaccine (which protects against 4 strains of flu), given as a nasal spray – this is for children and young people aged 2 to 17 years eligible for the flu vaccine
- a quadrivalent injected vaccine – this is for adults aged 18 and over but below the age of 65 who are at increased risk from flu because of a long-term health condition and for children 6 months and above in an eligible group who cannot receive the live vaccine
- an adjuvanted trivalent injected vaccine (FLUAD) – this is for people aged 65 and over as it has been shown to be more effective in this age group
If your child is aged between 6 months and 2 years old and is in a high-risk group for flu, they will be offered an injected flu vaccine as the nasal spray is not licensed for children under 2.
We will book you in at your convenience so please book soon
March 2018 We welcome our new GP Partner Dr Vidya Kanthi
January 2018 - We welcome our new GP Partner Dr Ellen Sibly
Gluten Free products are no longer available on prescription in Hertfordshire
Do you get gluten-free foods on prescription? Gluten-free foods are no longer available on prescription.
You can buy these foods from supermarkets, pharmacies and online without a prescription.
For more information please contact us at email@example.com or 01442 898865
Gluten Free Information Leaflet
Please can you take a moment by accessing the link above and answer the surveys about changes the CCG is proposing on access for IVF, gluten free foods, over the counter medications, female sterilisation, vasectomy and being fit for surgery (i.e. BMI and smoking policy).
These are very important issues and it is important that patients have a say. The deadline is 14th September. Thank you in advance for your time on this.