My Care Record allows health and care professionals working directly with you to access your medical and social care information.
Patient information and care records are usually made available through traditional methods such as secure post, fax or email. This can be slow and, at times, unreliable, and possibly prolong diagnosis and treatment.
My Care Record is accessed via secure but different health and care computer systems from different partner organisations. The information is requested from the original system and relayed to the health or care professional treating you.
By making your information available across the health and care system, your GP practice, hospital team or community nurse will be able to see the most up-to-date, accurate information about you.
This will lead to:
· Better co-ordinated and seamless care
· Quicker diagnosis and treatment
· More time to spend on clinical care
· Less paperwork and less repetition
· Fewer unnecessary clinical tests
· More accurate prescriptions
· Safe and secure decision-making